Monday, November 19, 2007

Nom!

chickpea cutlets and herb-scalloped potatoes

It is finally here! There are so many things that I've been dying to try, but I settled on the Chickpea Cutlets and the Herb-Scalloped Potatoes because I already had everything that I needed to make them. I've seen them mentioned on several blogs and on pretty much every vegan board in existence, so I was hoping that they would live up to the hype. Uh, they did. Seriously. I threw together the potatoes in about 10 minutes and tossed them in the oven. The cutlets only took about 15 minutes to mix up and another 10-15 to pan-fry. I couldn't believe how easy these recipes were to make! I was expecting something a little more fussy and time consuming, but they were both simple and delicious. Not exactly healthy (especially since I didn't even bother with any veg), but really, really tasty. After all of the Nomicon madness, I was a little afraid that it might not live up to expectations. It's obvious now that I had nothing to worry about. I cannot wait to try the pound cake!

No comments: