Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Best Vegan Brownie I've Had...

chocolate chip blondie

isn't even a brownie. This blondie recipe from the PPK is the closest thing to a good vegan brownie that I've had. I've tried tons of vegan brownie recipes, but I've never found one that I even liked, let alone loved. These are really great blondies to begin with, and the addition of chocolate chips turns them into awesome pseudo-brownies. Yeah, they aren't "real" brownies, but I'll take a delicious fake brownie over a crappy, greasy real brownie any day. Of course, if you have any recipe suggestions for real brownies, I'll definitely take them. Until then, these will more than suffice.

Oh, and--if you can wait that long--they are much better the next day!

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

Wow, that blondie looks soooo good. I made some this past weekend that I wasn't very excited about. I should give this recipe a try.

Oh, and my favorite brownie recipe is the one I found on Viviacious Vegan's blog, the Best vegan brownies recipe. Here's the link: http://vivaciousvegan.blogspot.com/2007/08/best-vegan-brownies-ever.html

trina said...

I will try that. My quest is not over, but my current favorite brownie recipe is from Peter Berley's Modern Vegetarian Kitchen. It's also online somewhere. But now I'm going to try the Vivacious Vegan recipe too.