Saturday, March 1, 2008

Spiral Dallas

spiral diner dallas

Mas and I have both been sick all week. He's managed (barely) not to miss work and I've literally been in bed all day, everyday since the Obama rally. Because of this, we missed the opening of the new Spiral Diner in Oak Cliff. Today was the first day that either of us have really felt like eating anything, so obviously, we had to go. We drove through downtown and across the viaduct to avoid the highways, but it only took about ten minutes to get over there. It's probably good that it's not easy to ride over there. We're always way more reluctant to go somewhere if we have to drive, so maybe that will keep us from spending every cent we have on tasty vegan food.

philly cheeze steak

I ordered the Philly Cheeze Steak, which I've had at the Fort Worth Spiral. It was delicious, as always. The potato salad is so good! I can't stand huge chunks in my potato salad, so this one is perfect for me.

bbq jamaican jerk

While mine was really good, Mason's BBQ Jamaican Jerk was seriously incredible. I liked it so much that I convinced him to swap me a half for a half.

chocolate chip cookie

They don't have the amazing Spiral ice cream yet, so we ordered a couple of chocolate chip cookies to go. I have a feeling we're going to be driving to Oak Cliff more than we probably should in the future. Honestly, if Mas wasn't working a mid-shift today, we would probably be there for vegan brunch right now.

4 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I think I need to make the 4 hour trek up to dallas!! Looks yummy :-)

megan said...

Definitely! But wait for the ice cream--it's so good!

Joanne said...

Hi - Are both meals vegan?! Or vegetarian?
They look incredible.

megan said...

Everything at Spiral is vegan! And they try to use mostly organics. And you really can't tell by the price. Our sandwiches (with sides of potato salad) were $7.95 each. So, it's maybe only $1 or $2 more than a crappy chain restaurant! I'm pretty sure that everything on the menu is under $10. They have them posted on their site if you want to see all the tasty dishes they serve.