Friday, March 7, 2008

Vegan Calzones

vegan calzone

Yesterday, I made a very..err..adapted version of the Garlicky Tomato Sauce from Vegan Italiano. Because I kept adding things, I ended up with a huge amount of sauce leftover. I knew Mas wouldn't want linguine again, so I decided to try something that I've never been able to successfully pull off--the elusive calzone. To be fair, I've only tried to make calzones maybe three or four times prior to today, but each time I ended up with the same crappy results. Since I've been having such good luck with the Big Bread recipe, I thought that I would see how it faired in calzone form. Success!

Recipe? Uh, roll out some Big Bread dough, fill it with leftovers (and maybe a couple of Field Roast sausages), fold it over, pinch the edges, brush with garlicky Earth Balance and bake for 20-30 minutes at 375F.

1 comment:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I love vegan calzones. Whenever we have pizza I always save some leftover dough and topping to throw together a calzone. Yum!