Monday, March 23, 2009

In Case You Were Unaware, I'm Lame.

newest acquisition

Mason had the camera all weekend, so here's a photo of a painting that I love. We bought it at an estate sale last month for $4.

I stayed home sick this weekend while Mason drove down to Austin to work at the SXSW guitar show with his dad. I felt fine when he left on Friday, but was completely wrecked by Saturday night. It's that achy thing where one minute you feel fine, and the next you think you're going to die. Because I felt so poopy, I didn't make (or eat, really) any interesting food or work on any of my garden projects. I couldn't even think of the sauerkraut without throwing up in my mouth. I actually couldn't do much of anything, but I did manage to prop myself up and watch some of the terrible movies that Mas downloaded for me and spend an entire hour deliriously watching videos of babies tasting lemons for the first time on Youtube. I know...

I'm feeling slightly better now, mostly because of all of the tasty things that Mas brought back from Wheatsville. Vegan peanut butter cups! Vegan espresso cookies! Vegan peanut butter brownies! Vegan chocolate cake! Yeah, I managed to get some of that down. He also brought back a cup of their vegan queso, which is amazing. Most vegan queso that I've had/made has had a thick, velveeta-like texture. I've found some excellent recipes and mashed them together to make up the one that Mas and I love. But, they were always more like a thick dip, not so much like restaurant queso. The Wheatsville queso tastes exactly like restaurant queso! It's delicious. I don't know how they do it. There was also some sort of incredible salad dressing that I've already scarfed. I don't know if it was because I hadn't eaten in a while or what, but it was the best dressing that I've ever had. I'll ask him what it was called when he gets home.

This post is verging on incoherent. I'm sorry. I'm waiting for Mason to get home from work so that I can attempt my first real conversation with anyone other than a dog in the last 60 hours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are sick! Feel better soon. I think that is a really great picture. I think I've never seen such a sad looking dog though.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Feel better soon and enjoy your Wheatsville goodies! I wish I'd gotten to go to SXSW.

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Oh man, I love that painting! It reminds me of my pup Strummer- http://strummercalling.blogspot.com