Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

chocolate chip cookies

While choosing my favorites (and least favorites) on the first episode of Project Runway, I poured through my new cookbook trying to decide which recipe to try. The Cinnamon Coffee Cake sounded great, the German Apple Cake looked incredible, Mas voted for the Mexican Wedding Cookies...but, in the end, I decided that the best way to judge any baking book is to make the Chocolate Chip Cookies. I was a little skeptical that this one batch of a dozen cookies would be worth the fat in the entire cup of Earth Balance that the recipe called for, but they were really very delicious. I certainly won't be making them every day (or every week), but I they would be great for potlucks or family gatherings. Really, I think that they would go over well with even the most butter-loving vegan cookie skeptics. I'm sending half of them to work with Mason tomorrow, so I guess we'll find out.

No comments: