Friday, December 7, 2007

Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie

chocolate peanut butter pie

It's been a slow cooking week, but I couldn't resist trying the chocolate peanut butter pie from Have Cake, Will Travel. I'm an idiot and thought that it would be easier to put the filling in a no-bake oreo crust from some random recipe that I found online. Big mistake! My crust was ridiculously thick in parts and barely there in others. It was so finicky! I don't know if it was a bad recipe or if I'm just a simp, but I'm definitely going to go with the original yes-bake chocolate crust next time. So, my crust was all crumbly. It didn't really matter in the end because the pie was so good! It set up perfectly, the texture was great and you can freeze it! I'm thinking about making it for the family this Christmas (without mention of the tofu).

No comments: