Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm a Horrible Blogger

blueberry bike load

Okay, I am officially addicted to blueberries. I eat about 5 pints a week. Yes, 5 pints. I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to function with out them when the season is over.

We took a suffocating car trip (in the non air conditioned Volvo) up to Plano yesterday for Asia World Market shopping madness. We still had a few meat analogues left from the last trip, but I we wanted to get more to continue..er, start really, this long lost series of fake meat reviews. We don't eat them that often, but I will try to post photos of the dish and the packaging whenever we try them out. We had some fake mutton the other day that was bought mostly as a joke because we'd never had real mutton and both thought it sounded especially disgusting. It looked like dog food, but actually tasted kind of like tasty chicken fried steak. We grabbed another bag yesterday, so I'll try to get a shot of the packaging to post. Asia World also has the absolute best vegan red bean pastries ever! We had them for dinner...

I know that I keep promising to cook/post more often, but it just doesn't seem to be happening. It's not that I'm not cooking, but it's basically just been the same old stir-fries, quinoa salads and fresh fruit--all pretty tasty, but none from recipes really. I will definitely have at least a few food-dedicated posts in August, but I've decided to start posting about other things (bicycles, thrift stores, puppies, and general Dallas-ness, most likely) to fill the gaps.

No comments: