Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crock Cheeze

crock cheeze

For the last month and a half, I've been putting off grocery shopping. We were really busy from mid-October through my birthday, and after that, I was waiting for Veganomicon to arrive (it's not even shipping until Friday--yet another boo!). Tonight, we decided that it couldn't be put off any longer, so we spent about two hours at Whole Foods and Fiesta buying a ridiculous amount of food that should allow us to put off the shopping for at least another month. By the time we got home, we had a ton of food and no energy to cook any of it. I had finally remembered to buy miso at the store, so it seemed like the perfect time to try the Crock Cheeze from Vegan Vittles. I tossed all of the ingredients in the food processor until they were smooth and stuck it in the fridge for an hour while we watched the new episodes of Weeds (whoa!) and Curb Your Enthusiasm. Pre-tasting had determined that it was pretty much the most delicious dip ever, and it was even better after it set up. I'm pretty sure that I'm now one of those vegans who says that things taste like cheese when they actually don't at all, but who cares because it really does taste like cheese to me!

No comments: