Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Prunes

prunes

As Mas mentioned yesterday, we've been eating a lot of prunes. Why are they only marketed to old people who can't make poos? We both just assumed that they were disgusting because of the way that they were portrayed in the sitcoms of our youth. Really, though, they are pretty tasty. And don't assume that you don't like them just because your great-grandma gave you one when you were 7 and you hated it. Not all prunes are alike. Mas likes the super dry, hard ones, while I like the sticky, soft ones. They make a great snack--high in potassium and a good source of fiber. I'm pretty sure that I would have loved these as a kid if they hadn't been made to seem to gross (and poo-related).

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I have to sing the praises of prunes. Both when I'm eating them and the day after (oops too much info):D
They are sooo good!! Sometimes I will split them open and fill them in with a teaspoon of vegan cream cheese - "Tofutti's better than cream cheese"...give it a try.

p.s. Love the simplicity of your blog ...and the yummy food.

megan said...

Thank you!

That sounds so good. I don't know why more people don't eat prunes.